Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Long Winter Months

At this point last year, I was sick of winter already and ready for spring to arrive.  Probably because we had had a couple months of cold weather already, complete with dead plants in our front planters and winter housework that wasn't the most fun.  I was anxious for any sign or warmth or growth.



Even though our Christmas tree came down today, I don't yet feel sick of the winter season, and I attribute that to the more mild weather and the fact that I don't have to deal with winter home maintenance anymore!

Sunsets like these also make me appreciate winter on the west coast--they tend to be more brilliant when the temperatures are a bit cooler, and the clouds provide extra surfaces to reflect the colors.



These photos are from a New Year's Day hike to Lands End, the same trail we explored a few weeks back.  The bonus this time was that my entire family took the hike together...on New Year's Day, no less.





What a great way to begin 2012!

1 comment:

To be notified of a reply, click on "Subscribe by email".