Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Zucchini Ribbon Pasta

As we straddle the line between Summer and Fall, I have been trying to get out of the cooking rut I've been in lately.  It's still not quite time for hearty and warm Fall-inspired dishes, but it also seems past patio grilling season (at least here in San Francisco!).



To compromise, I came up with a nice alternative that is still reminiscent of summer's caprese salad and summer squash, but one that is served hot and takes advantage of my indoor grill pan.

Last night I made chicken caprese "pasta" with zucchini ribbons.


I skinned two zucchinis with a vegetable peeler and boiled them for just one minute, while some seasoned chicken breasts grilled away on my stove top grill pan.

Onto my zucchini noodles I layered the grilled chicken, sliced tomatoes, basil chiffonade, goat cheese, and a pinch of salt and pepper.  A drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette over the top pulled this light dinner together.


I hope your weather is beginning to cool off, and that you are enjoying the last few days of summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment

To be notified of a reply, click on "Subscribe by email".