Thursday, October 27, 2011

Back to the West Coast

So for a bit more detail:

Nine years ago, as I was leaving my coastal California hometown for college in the all-the-way-across-the-country Northeast, my mom gave me one rule (well, I only seemed to remember one): "You can only date California boys!"

Oh, the irony.

Luckily for my parents, I did hand-pick the very best California boy to date.  Unluckily for them, this boy convinced me to join him in a move to the South after graduation instead of returning home to the West Coast.

Five years of good Southern livin' later, I've picked up a curiosity for cooking, crafting, and home-brewing experiments, a love of vinegary NC-style barbecue, and lots of wonderful friends.  Also in that time, the California boy became my husband.  And now I have convinced him to loop back to the Golden State, where our adventure continues.

Home sweet (new) home, San Francisco!



Alcatraz Island in the distance


Bay Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment

To be notified of a reply, click on "Subscribe by email".