Thursday, October 27, 2011

And Back to the Fault Zones, Too

I was jolted awake at 5:35 this morning by a shaking room and a "thud."  Instantly I knew it was an earthquake.  Surprisingly, this was the third earthquake I've felt since living in San Francisco for less than two weeks!  I have quickly become a pro at detection :)

All three have been minor ones (between 3.6 and 4.0s), but I was surprised I knew instantly what was happening, even though I can't remember the last time I felt an earthquake (15+ years ago?)

In North Carolina, our house used to shake during thunderstorms.  The shakes from these relatively minor earthquakes, though, feel very different!

Bay Area Earthquakes
Just a few sets of fault lines nearby...

No comments:

Post a Comment

To be notified of a reply, click on "Subscribe by email".