Sunday, February 12, 2012

Shrimp and Veggie Spring Rolls

Continuing with the rolling theme, one recipe that has been on my list of dishes to try recently was the healthy-ish Spring Roll, seen here.

After scouring several regular grocery stores, I was finally able to find the rice sticks and Spring Roll wrappers at Lucky grocery store in San Francisco.

Instead of tofu (which is not the biggest hit in our house), I cooked some shrimp in olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper, then sliced them into small pieces to wrap into the rolls.


As for dipping sauces, Trader Joe's sells a sweet chili sauce, but I didn't love the flavor.  Next time I will try making my own (possibly this recipe) or trying another brand.  I did make my own peanut sauce, which turned out pretty well.  Overall, these were pretty tasty, and definitely filling.

Back to the Pinterest boards to search for something else I can cram into a roll for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To be notified of a reply, click on "Subscribe by email".