Monday, October 8, 2012

Paris: Day 2

It rained quite a bit on day two, but we brought the right amount of rain gear, so we still enjoyed ourselves immensely today!
Breakfast of Champions
We started off the morning by touring Montmarte and the Sacre-Couer Basilica, followed by a stop at the cafe.


We actually enjoyed a picnic lunch in our sitting room in the hotel, before an afternoon nap.  Then we set out to Trocadero to watch the Eiffel Tower light up as the sun set.  I can't wait to connect my real camera to the computer--I think I was able to capture some very cool photos.  My sous-chef-turned-photography-assistant was so patient and encouraging of my efforts with the manual settings.



We scouted out dinner in the Rue Cler area and were immediately enamored with Cafe Constant.  This choice turned out to be an excellent one, complete with chocolate profiteroles for dessert. 


It's now Tuesday morning, and I am up hours before the sunrise--both excited for more exploring today and probably a bit off in terms of my body clock.
We're off to see the Orsay Museum and Rodin gardens.  Hoping it won't rain too much on us today!



5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos! How far is your hotel from the Eiffel Tower?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably a little over a mile. We've strolled all over this city... I wonder how far we've walked each day!?

      Delete
  2. Very pretty there! Can't wait to see what you did with the manual settings, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! And - yum, can you learn to make profiteroles when you get back?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, wouldn't that be fun? I want to learn how to make croissants and everything else we tried while there. Yum.

      Delete

To be notified of a reply, click on "Subscribe by email".