Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Golden Gate Park Run

I'm entered into a 10k race next month in Golden Gate Park, so this past weekend I wanted to run the course to see what to expect on race day.  

The course begins and ends at one of the two windmills that flank the Northern and Southern boarders of the park at the ocean.

Near the beginning, the road passes the Bison Paddock, which I think is one of the coolest sights in the park.  They were all relaxing this particular Saturday morning.


This is the pond in the park where people like to run their remote controlled boats.  But I was too early for that crowd.

I passed several expansive greens where people like to picnic.  I am sure this field filled up with St. Patrick's Day parties a few hours later.


Two waterfalls



The Rose Garden near the de Young Museum of Art


And finally, the beautiful Botanical Gardens


This is the turn-around spot for the out-and-back race.



Back to the windmill; the return path had a slight downhill slope, which I will surely welcome during the race.
I'm hoping for a bit more sun next month!

2 comments:

  1. That's going to be such a nice race! Wish I could come cheer you on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect course for a run. I think I just logged my run, thank you! I feel like I've been there.....

    ReplyDelete

To be notified of a reply, click on "Subscribe by email".