Monday, November 7, 2011

Resolution Recipes: Weeks 44 and 45

Weeks 44 and 45 brought two more new recipes for my NY resolution.

Week 44: Ginger Beef Stir Fry

Last week Asian food sounded good, and so I figured I track down a new recipe I could use for my resolution project.  I ended up combining a few stir fry recipes, and decided to use beef, inspired by this recipe by one one of my favorite cooking blogs, Simply Recipes.

Inspiration, from Simply Recipes
I loaded this recipe up with a ton of vegetables: bok choy, broccoli, carrots, garlic, ginger, bell peppers, and mushrooms.  No picture, but it was colorful, and a hit.


Week 45: Chicken Marsala

This meal was inspired by this recipe (found via Pinterest, of course!) and was simple to make.  The recipe called for Marsala wine, which got added to the grocery list.

Chicken Marsala

Once in Trader Joe's, though, I was faced with the decision between sweet and dry varieties, and I froze.  But a quick food network website search confirmed sweet was the way to go.
It wasn't the way to go: too sweet for my taste.  Mr. Sous Chef thought it was just fine, though, and rated it a 4!  I guess I lucked out on that one...

A bit sweet, but worth trying again with dry Marsala wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To be notified of a reply, click on "Subscribe by email".