Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pumpkin Bread

I don't know if it's too far past Halloween and Thanksgiving for another recipe with pumpkin in it, but this one is too good not to make again.  Plus I still have one remaining can of pumpkin puree in my pantry, so why not?


The recipe is from here, a site that has become one of my go-to sources for recipe inspiration or instruction.  I have been making this bread for a couple years now though, and now I have it down pat in my head.

 Pumpkin Bread
Slightly adapted from Simply Recipes

Serves 1 hungry baker  Makes 1 loaf

Preheat oven to 350°

1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup water
2 eggs
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon nutmeg*
3/4 teaspoon allspice*

*You can substitute pumpkin pie spice for the nutmeg and allspice

Mix together the flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda.
Stir together the puree, oil, water, eggs, and spices.  Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, but do not overmix.

Pour into a greased 9x5x3" loaf pan.
Bake 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.

This bread normally doesn't last too long when I bake it, so enjoy a slice or two before it's gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To be notified of a reply, click on "Subscribe by email".