Thursday, December 8, 2011

Home Sweet Home

I wrote about the sale of our old house a couple weeks ago.  Well, this past weekend we had a housewarming party in our new apartment, so I guess we can consider ourselves settled into the new place now.

We're lucky to have a number of high school, college, and grad school friends already here in San Francisco.  So it was just a matter of getting moved in and sending out an evite.

Saturday night brought together lots of friends from different times in our lives, and we had a great time introducing them to each other and catching up with everyone.

Several friends asked for a tour, which seemed funny to me.  As opposed to our old house with two stories and several bedrooms, a den, dining room and office, here in our new apartment, you can pretty much see each corner without moving around too much.  So my first instinct was to tell them, what tour?  Can't you see everything?



After some practice, I figured out how to stretch the tour into a minute-long segment, which seemed to satisfy the curious guests.  Here's a virtual tour:

The bedroom with funky sliding doors

The dining nook next to the deck

The already-shared funky red kitchen.  Funky is the theme.
The deck!  I love this feature.
Living room, fireplace, built-in bookshelves, and the second patio outside those windows

I left most the prep and baking to my friend, Trader Joe, but we did bake our favorite cookie recipe, which seemed to go over well.  The other two things that went over well were:

My birthday present (which I declared had to be installed before any housewarming party could occur!):
Wall-mounted bottle opener
And our State cheese boards.  California is from my sister-in-law when we found out about the job offer and our move.  North Carolina is from my wonderful coworker, as a way to remember my old stomping ground and our friends there.

States on the left/front end of the table

It was a fun evening, and now we are officially settled in!
Home Sweet Home.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To be notified of a reply, click on "Subscribe by email".