Sunday, April 22, 2012

Presidio Run

Yesterday morning I slept in, relaxed around the house and read, then laced up my shoes to take advantage of the sunny and warm Saturday.
I have run a number of times in the Presidio, but I haven't made it far enough west before to see the ocean...only the bay.  But I felt like I had a longer run in me, and I was especially anxious to see the views on a sunny and clear day.  From what I hear, sunny and clear days are harder to come by once summer hits, so I figured I should take advantage of the clear weather.

My goal was to check out Immigrant Point, and it did not disappoint!


The coast reminded me quite a bit of 17-Mile Drive in Pebble Beach.


The view looking South.  That point of land sticking out is Lands End.


To the North you can see Point Bonita (which is finally open!  I can't wait to visit.)


Though I wished I had brought some water with me, this run was gorgeous and otherwise perfect.  The scent from the eucalyptus trees and the traffic-free trails are pretty great.


I turned around to head home and switched ocean views for bay views.  There's Alcatraz:


I also ran past Rob Hill Campground, the only campsite in the city.  The two public sites can accommodate 30 people each; that sounds like quite a camping party to me.

We have plans to go camping north of the city, near Olema Valley, next weekend with some great friends.  I am already excited!

I hope you've had a good weekend as well.


1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun. Probably beat the snow that I got this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

To be notified of a reply, click on "Subscribe by email".