Saturday, June 30, 2012

Tour de France

Ever since I was little, I've known my dad likes to ride bikes.  I would wake up on Saturday mornings hearing sounds of Bruce Springsteen on the blaster (remember those things?) wafting up from the garage below.  Walking down the stairs in my PJs, I'd find my dad working away on his road bike, the faint smell of chain cleaner in the air, and Bruce singing, "Working on the highway, blasting through the bedrock / Working on the highway, working on the highway!"



I have other memories, nearly as old, of waking up on mornings in July, grabbing my wetsuit and lunch on the way to lifeguarding, and Dad would be in the family room before work with his laptop and coffee, and Tour de France (TDF) airing on TV.


There's a distinct rattling sound unique to TDF...and the unmistakeable voice of Bob Roll, the same anchor who has announced TDF for as long as I can remember.  Gooooood memories.



Well, today TDF 2012 began!

I wish I were at home watching with my Dad!



1 comment:

  1. The TV was on, Bob Roll was on, the coffee machine was crankin' 'em out, and The Dad was happy. Didn't see any lifeguards. Wish you were here to join in!

    ReplyDelete

To be notified of a reply, click on "Subscribe by email".