Thursday, May 31, 2012

Dream Home Challenge: Backyard

I'm moving outdoors this week as I continue "building" my Dream Home.  Though we didn't move to a notoriously warm climate, outdoor dining is still one of my favorite ways to relax at home.  And my dream house will be designed accordingly!

I love the outdoor fireplace below.  Though, I have to admit my home would likely require a gas fireplace in order to guarantee it would be used often.

via
 Beautiful!
via
Maybe there would be a separate outdoor breakfast area.  For morning coffee in the sun.

via
I would like to cover the backyard with blue hydrangea (our wedding flowers!).
via
 I've tried my hand at extensive landscaping before, and I don't find the urge to do that again.  So this time I'd leave it to the pros and let them design something awesome out back:
via
I've never wanted a pool due to the upkeep, but I bet you a dream home would come with a pool fairy.  So I'll throw a pool into the dream backyard.
via


via
Finally, it should come as no surprise that I would love to have an amazing garden.  Maybe with a smaller collection of potted herbs closer to the kitchen, and a larger gardening area out back:

http://www.dlibri.com/raised-bed-garden-kits/

Check out Meredith's Dream Home backyard here.
______
Catching up?
Architectural Styles--Sarah / Meredith
Bedrooms--Sarah / Meredith 2
Family Room & Living Room--Sarah / Meredith 2
Bathrooms--Sarah / Meredith
Kitchen-- Sarah / Meredith

1 comment:

To be notified of a reply, click on "Subscribe by email".