Thursday, May 17, 2012

Dream Home Challenge: Family Living Room

We're back this week working on Dream Home Design, turning to family rooms and living rooms.

via
I spent time flipping through pages and pages of living rooms, lots of which are really nice, but I came to the realization that I don't have much interest in a room that looks pretty but serves little purpose.  It seems like a lot of extra surface area that needs vacuuming and dusting.  I just don't think I will be the type of person to entertain in a sitting room.

So while I think pictures of rooms like this one below are pretty, they just don't quite fit into my dream house.  Even though I like the colors and the interesting chandelier, it is just missing a bit of the warmth I'd love to have in my family room.

via
Instead, I picture my family room having a big fireplace, huge sectional couch, and lots of other seating in addition to the sectional.  A game table nearby is a must, for puzzles, poker, and Apples to Apples.

via
 Built-ins with plenty of room for books:
via
And chunky black frames full of family and travel photos:
via
via
I think the only thing missing now is a bar :)
via
Would you feel relaxed in my family/living room?

Check out Meredith's Formal Living Room here.
______
Catching up?
Architectural Styles--Sarah / Meredith
Bedrooms--Sarah / Meredith 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To be notified of a reply, click on "Subscribe by email".